Friday, March 15, 2013

Jet Setting: Los Angeles

You didn’t think all I did for my Mom’s birthday was make a few pieces of jewelry, did you?  I also took a weekend trip to visit her and my Dad in Los Angeles!

Tommy wanted to make sure she knew the trip was part of her birthday, so he came up with the idea of wrapping me up as a gift for her.  She loved it!


My first day there my Dad had to work, so Mom and I had a girls days.  We started off by getting our nails prettied up.  From there, we headed downtown to the Fashion District.  We finished off the day with a happy hour with friends in Pasadena.


Saturday my Dad and I tortured ourselves with the P90X yoga workout.  After recovering over lunch, the family went to tour the Getty museum.  I wasn't a huge fan of the art, but the architecture and gardens were amazing!  I think the Getty would be a lovely place for a picnic date, or just a place to relax and spend time with loved ones.  Plus (besides $15 parking), it's free!


After the Getty we had a healthy dinner of salad and wine at Tender Greens in West Hollywood (yum!).  That put us in close proximity to the Roxy, where we went to see the Unknown play.  The guitarist is the 13 year old daughter of my Dad's work buddy.  How cool to play at the Roxy at 13 years old!  They were pretty rockin', too!


Sunday morning we took a whale watching tour out of Long Beach.  Unfortunately the "whale highway" was slow that morning, but we did see sea lions and a pod of 500 dolphins!



Sunday afternoon my Dad and I rode bikes along Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, and Manhattan Beach.  You can't ride very fast due to all the people, but it was great being out in the sun and there's pretty good people watching there.  That night we had friends over for dinner and went to bed early.

Monday morning Mom and I messed around the house doing alterations and computer stuff.  I also got a chance to photograph her sewing room, so check back soon for the tour!  And to finish off a great weekend, we all stopped for In-and-Out on the way to LAX.


All in all, it was a fun-filled weekend in Los Angeles with my parents!  I'm really glad I went :)



2 comments:

  1. Thank you , thank you , thank you!!! It was a super birthday gift!!! Love all the photos too! love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful mini-vacation for you all. Happy Birthday weekend for Janet!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!